1. Connect the modem to mains power with the supplied 12v power adaptor and turn the modem on. The Power LED at the front of the modem should light up.
2. Using the yellow Ethernet cable, connect one end into an Ethernet port of the modem (there are four from which to choose) and the other to the Ethernet/LAN port of your computer. The corresponding Ethernet 1,2,3 or 4 LED at the front of the modem should light up.
3. Using the grey phone cable included with the modem, connect one end into the DSL port of the modem and the other to the ADSL port of the line filter/splitter.
4. Using your existing phone cable, connect one end into the phone port of the line filter/splitter and the other to your phone.
5. Connect the line filter/splitter to the telephone wall socket. The ADSL LED at the front of the modem should light up solid green.
Please note: All equipment that is supplied by OntheNet is pre-configured which means you only need to follow the process above to connect the modem to your computer. If you have reset the modem or purchased it elsewhere please follow these steps to configure the modem with your OntheNet user details.
1. Once you have connected the modem to your computer (as above) open a web browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
2. Log in using the following details:
3. Click Basic Settings in the menu on the left-hand side.
4. Configure the settings as follows:
Does your Internet Connection require a login: Yes
Encapsulation: PPPoA (PPP over ATM)
Login: enter your username from your OntheNet Service Details (eg: email@example.com)
Password: enter your password from your OntheNet Service Details
Idle Timeout: 0
Internet IP Address: Get dynamically from ISP
Domain Name Server (DNS) Address: Get automatically from ISP