Upgrade to nbntm FTTP for FREE
What is the nbntm Fibre Connect Program?
Thousands of FTTN and FTTC users throughout Australia are being offered a FREE upgrade to the FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) technology type with $0 upfront costs.
FTTP offers far superior reliability and higher speed options. It will mean better Internet performance and the ability to order higher NBN speed tiers, and likely add value to your property.
nbntm is always rolling out additional suburbs so be sure to check your availability often!
Yes absolutely! Here’s how:
- Check your address on our web site to confirm availability and plans offered.
- Place an order on the OntheNet website to transfer your nbntm service to OntheNet.
- Once your FTTN or FTTC service has been transferred to OntheNet, you can then place an order via your toolbox for the FREE FTTP upgrade!
- OntheNet will make an appointment with you for nbntm to visit your premises to determine where they will run the new fibre line and place the new Connection Box.
- nbntm will install the fibre and connection box over the following days/weeks.
- OntheNet will let you know when nbntm have finished and can help make some minor changes to your modem to cut you over to your shiny new FTTP service!
Please note: Your previous FTTN or FTTC service will remain active and billed until you advise OntheNet to cancel it.
While there is no installation fee up front, to cover the actual cost nbntm want you to stay on a minimum speed for at least 12 months.
Log in to your toolbox to see what minimum plan/speed applies.
Should you cancel the service or reduce the plan below the minimum plan in the first 12 months, a $180 fee will apply.
The NBN contractor performing the install will advise what they include for free. This is usually installing the FTTP and Network Connection Box into your garage or a room nearest the street. You can install/connect your hardware at this location and incur no further cost. You will need a power point at this location.
A small number of customers want the new service endpoint located beyond what NBN include for free.
- Option 1 is to have NBN complete the free install as above and then have an Ethernet cable run to the desired end point by a third party cabler at a relatively low cost.
- Option 2 is to pay a higher cost for a third party cabler to perform preliminary works so the Fibre and Network Terminating Device can be installed at the customers desired endpoint, with NBN completing the fibre install at no further cost.
Yes. Many customers use family, friends or IT suppliers to help complete this cutover task which can take days to organise and complete.
OntheNet wont cancel your old service until you advise cutover is complete. We don’t want to cut you off prematurely!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm cutover is complete and you are using the new FTTP service.