OntheNet Executive Brief
OntheNet was established in 1995 and delivers popular Broadband technologies from ADSL2+ to Fibre based services to many business customers as both Internet and Secure Private Network solutions. In more recent years the company has delivered Data Centre co-location and Virtual Private Server solutions and many combinations of the product range.
Key clients include; local government bodies, private schools, industry leading medical businesses, large tourism & accommodation businesses, construction and property developers, the majority of the local automotive dealers, innovative online businesses and national retail /franchise chains. A number of customers now utilise 100Mbps and 1Gbps broadband services from OntheNet.
The company philosophy has always been to deliver solutions for the customers’ precise needs and preferences. That has been made possible through managing the solutions in-house and multi-million dollar investments such as the Tier 3 Data Centre and DSLAM rollout to key exchanges across the Gold Coast. OntheNet deliver broadband services nationally.
OntheNet is a privately owned business and has a staff of 40, with a strong bias to the technical teams. The OntheNet directors and shareholders are focused on establishing long term business relationships with their clients, enabling repeated delivery of new and innovative Internet connectivity and Hosting technologies as a trusted partner. The management team are all shareholders in the business.
The company has held Quality Assurance ISO 9001 Certification for ten years and has won awards such as the Gold Coast Business Excellence Award – IT Category.
OntheNet works closely with many Systems Integrators (SI’s) to help deliver complete IT solutions. The SI’s turn to OntheNet for easy access to high level technical expertise and direct access to management support whenever required. These partnerships deliver customer confidence and long term, stable relationships.
Specific products include the following with Customised Agreements often being created for larger complex solutions across the product range;
- Personal ADSL
- Business ADSL
- Personal & Business NBN nationally
- Business Ethernet via copper – Up to 80Mbps
- Premium Ethernet via Fibre – 4Mbps to Multi-Gbps
- Private Links – Secure Private Networks
- Managed Hardware Services – incl Firewalls
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Business Mail
- Hosted Exchange
- VStrata Virtual Private Servers (www.VStrata.com.au)
- Data Centre Co-location
- Personal Prepaid
- Business VoIP
- IP Network Design
- IP Network Security Audits
- Multi/Firewall Design, Configuration and Management
Key features of OntheNet’s core technical resources comprise:
- Fully redundant, Cisco powered network
- Dual uplink switches for each server
- Redundant BGP upstream connectivity to multiple providers
- Peering at major Australian internet exchange points
- Multi Gigabit Ethernet MPLS based backbone
- 24×7 monitored and managed premium network
Our primary data centre is located at our offices in Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast. A secondary data centre is located in Brisbane CBD.
- Tier 3 data centre
- Multi Gigabit diverse Fibre paths, including building lead-ins, providing connectivity to multiple major backbone providers
- Cisco powered diverse switching fabric for redundant network connectivity
- Power – Dual Bus N+N modular UPS with integrated 500KVA generator
- Up to 6kW power per rack
- Cooling – N+1 carrier grade air con units with hot/cold aisle containment
- Security – Video monitored 24×7 restricted access
- Fully decontaminated environment
- 24x7x365 environmental monitoring systems