Please note: All equipment that is supplied by OntheNet is pre-configured which means you only need to follow the process above to connect the ATA to your modem. If you have reset the device or purchased it elsewhere please follow these steps to configure the ATA with your OntheNet user details.
The IP address for web access will be determined by the type of modem the SPA112 is connected to. For Netcomm the IP should be 192.168.1.3. To find out the the IP dial **** on the telephone (there will be no dial tone) and then 110# for the IVR to read back the IP address.
Enter the IP address in a web browser to bring up the login page.
Log in with the following details: Username: admin Password: admin
3. Click on the Voice tab and select Line 1 on left and configure the settings as follows
4. NAT Settings:
NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
5. SIP Settings:
SIP Transport: UDP
6. Proxy and Registration:
Outbound Proxy: sip.onthenet.com.au
Register Expires: 900
Use DNS SRV: Yes
DNS SRV Auto Prefix: Yes
Proxy Redundancy Method: Based on SRV Port
7. Subscriber Information:
User ID: Enter the Line ID (aka User ID) from your OntheNet VoIP Service Details
Password: Enter the password from your OntheNet VoIP Service Details
Use Auth ID: no
8. Audio Configuration:
Preferred codec: G729
9. Dial Plan:
Change Dial Plan to the following. This will reduce the delay after dialing a number before the call goes through. (*xx|000S0|112S0|123S0|121S0|1223S0|1234S0|1100S0|600S0|900S0|09xxxxxxS0|13[1-9]xxxS0|100xxxxxxS0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0xxxxxxxxS0|190xxxxxxx!|xx.)
10. Click Submit to save changes.
11. If your VoIP Service has a second line repeat steps 6-13 for Line 2 before proceeding further.
12. Select SIP on left and configure settings as follows
13. NAT Support Parameters:
Handle VIA received: Yes
Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes
Insert VIA rport: Yes
Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
Send Resp to SRC Port: Yes
14. Click Submit to save changes.
15. The Phone 1 LED on the SPA112 should light up once it has registered with OntheNet (as should the Phone 2 LED if Line 2 was configured).
16. Power cycle the SPA112 (disconnect/reconnect power).
17. Test the configuration by dialing the test number 8378 which will connect you to an echo test service if successful (nil charge). You will need to connect the telephone to the Phone 2 port on the ATA to test Line 2 (if applicable).